About Our Scholarship
The Pittsburgh Young Professionals Scholarship Fund of The Pittsburgh Foundation was created to provide career-minded individuals the opportunity to develop professionally, civically and socially within the Pittsburgh Region.
In order to apply for this scholarship, candidate must:
- Be a full-time undergraduate or full or part-time graduate student currently attending a four-year college or university in Allegheny County.
- Be 21-years of age or older by September 1, 2016.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale).
- Have verifiable volunteer experience within the past two years.
- Applicant must be a Pittsburgh Young Professional (PYP) member.
- Have membership and/or leadership experience in campus or professional organizations.
- Complete an application and include a one-page essay explaining how you envision your involvement in the Pittsburgh community after graduation.
The Pittsburgh Young Professionals (PYP) Scholarship Fund Committee will select the scholarship winner (subject to the approval of the Board of Directors of the Pittsburgh Young Professionals and the Board of Directors of The Pittsburgh Foundation).
No member of the PYP Scholarship Committee, or his or her immediate family, shall be eligible for scholarship assistance during his or her tenure on the PYP Scholarship Committee. No member of the PYP Board of Directors, or his or her immediate family, shall be eligible for scholarship assistance during his or her tenure on the PYP Board of Directors. The PYP Scholarship Committee retains the right to withhold scholarship grants in any year if no candidate is determined to be qualified.
The Pittsburgh Foundation shall notify the chosen scholarship recipient(s) of its decision. The scholarship payment will be made after The Pittsburgh Foundation’s June Board Meeting and after the selected student notifies the Foundation about the school (s)he will be attending. All scholarship checks will be made payable to the university for the student.