2018 Board of Directors Application
Term: 1, 2, or 3 years (Jan – Dec)
The PYP leadership is comprised of a 100% volunteer Board of Directors (BOD) who are the decision makers and ambassadors for our non-profit organization. Board members design and manage projects, hold Executive and/or Committee Advisor positions, and ensure all events carry out the organization’s mission by providing value to our members. Each year, PYP selects new Board Members to join the Leadership Team for 1, 2 or 3 year terms running January through December. The Nominating Committee, led by the Past President and composed of current Board Members, oversees the selection process. The online application deadline is August 31st and selection of the slate occurs during September and October.
Being a Board Member has many benefits. As a board member, you are part of the leadership of the premier young professionals organization in Pittsburgh. This involves interacting with many organizations and leaders throughout the City. You also gain invaluable teambuilding and leadership experience working with your fellow Board Members to improve the organization and the region.
Other Benefits include:
- Setting the direction for programming and future vision, including input on events, marketing, and public relations.
- Interacting with other organizations and local leaders.
- Gaining personal and business relationships through close interactions with fellow Board Members, Committee Chairs, and Members.
- Learning about and having responsibility for the financial management of the organization.
- Developing leadership skills for future professional roles.
There are some responsibilities and requirements to become a Director including:
- Must be a current PYP member.
- Attend monthly BOD meetings – held the 2nd Wednesday evening downtown.
- Ensure all events and actions of organization comply with the mission of PYP.
- Complete tasks assigned by the President and BOD.
- Work with other BOD members in the best interest of PYP.
- Oversee the financial stability of the organization.
- Attend PYP events (as many as you can).
- Professional experience in project management, accounting, web development, non-profit leadership, and public relations are a plus.
If you want to be a decision maker and help PYP continue to be the best in the region, then this is the opportunity for you. Apply below.
If you have any questions regarding the position or commitment involved, please do not hesitate to contact John Oliverio, Nominating Chair, at email@example.com.
To Apply – Please submit a resume and your answers to the below questions for review and consideration by the Nominating Committee.
Board applications are currently closed.